Okay, Friday is a day to catch up on stuff. So, first, I wanted you all to pop over to Mr. Big Dubya’s place. He’s volunteered to be the blogosphere’s regrigerator door and will post anyone’s Holiday photo on his blog. I sent one (not the one that will be on our holiday card) over and you should too!
Here it goes…
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was just wrapping up my first semester in graduate school. After spending two years hanging out in NYC after graduating from undergrad, I bolted back to the West Coast to pursue my Master’s degree in Sport Psychology. I rented a little apartment in Walnut Creek, CA and settled in nicely. It was the first (and only) time I lived completely on my own – no family, no roommates, no spouse. It was a great, liberating time and I learned a lot about myself – both good and bad.
What were you doing one year ago?
One year ago, I was walking around in a daze still trying to cope with the fact that we were going to have two babies, instead of the one that usually comes with the package. It was also our first Christmas in our newly built home. I was doing a million projects (including laying a wood laminate floor in our kitchen and dining area) while tending to my very nauseous wife all in preparation for our bundles of joy.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Ranch Flavored sunflower seeds
3) Krispy Kreme donuts
4) Popsicles after exercising (I haven’t had a popsicle in a long time)
5) I’m not too picky as long as it’s bad for me.
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
This is hard, only because I know the lyrics to a lot of songs. It’s a gift that I have. I pick up the lyrics pretty easily – even if I’ve only listened to it a few times (I have to like the song, though). But here is what comes to mind right now…
1) The Hoppity Song – John Ondrasik (from Five for Fighting). Great song to sing to kids!
2) Hotel California – The Eagles
3) Paul Revere – Beastie Boys
4) The 15-year anniversary McDonald’s Big Mac Commercial.
5) Theme song to Dukes of Hazzard
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
I’m changing this to multi-millionaire because, really, a million doesn’t get you much nowadays.
1) Set up a foundation to help disadvantaged families.
2) Donate money to my Y to rebuild because the community deserves the best.
3) Buy a home overlooking the ocean in Hawaii
4) Dress better
5) Live as if we weren’t multi-millionaires.
Five bad habits:
1) I bite the cuticles of my fingernails.
2) I have a sweet tooth and very little will power
3) I put things off that I really don’t want to do
4) I call drivers of other cars names while driving
5) I often forget to close the refrigerator door when cooking
Five things you like doing:
1) Playing with children (especially my children)
2) Watching a live baseball game
3) Writing about my kids
4) Helping others
5) Sleeping (Another thing I haven’t done in a while)
Five things you would never wear or buy again:
1) I’d have to go with Kemp and say Parachute Pants
2) Athletic socks pulled up to my knees
3) Bottle Warmers
4) A pink Izod shirt, Acid Wash jeans pegged at leg, and dock shoes with no socks.
5) Z. Cavaricci pants
Five favorite toys:
1) My Treo phone
2) My laptop
5) C’mon, I’m a father of twins. I don’t have any of my own toys!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.