I’ve been intrigued by this phenomenon of people posting 100 things about themselves. So in an effort to explain myself, here it goes.
1. I come from a small family.
2. I have a younger brother by five years
3. My father died when I was six
4. This remains the single most profound influence on my life
5. My mother raised my brother and me entirely on her own
6. I was a “track star” in high school
7. While I regularly had the fastest times in the county, I never won an individual championship.
8. That bothers me more than it should
9. I was captain of the high school team & co-captain of the track team my senior year in college
10. I still consider myself a runner but I hardly ever run anymore
11. I attended an Ivy League college
12. Graduating was one of my proudest achievements because I always felt like I was in just a little over my head.
13. I played the snare drum in my high school marching band.
14. I was voted “biggest flirt” in high school
15. I would characterize myself as comfortable around women, but not a flirt
16. I grew up in a surf town but I never learned to surf
17. My closest friends today are still my childhood friends
18. I don’t live anywhere near my childhood friends
19. People consider me an outgoing personality
20. I’m shyer than people think
21. I have always liked to be funny in front of others
22. I’m not always all that funny
23. My undergraduate degree is in Psychology
24. My graduate degree is in Sport Psychology
25. My current job has very little to do with Psychology
26. If I had the money, I’d be a much better dresser than I am now
27. I have never traveled beyond North America
28. I have traveled throughout Mexico while sharing buses with livestock
29. I once took the train across Canada from Vancouver to Toronto.
30. My ultimate vacation would be to spend a summer watching a baseball game at every Major League Baseball stadium
31. I play the lottery about once a month (all you need is a dollar and a dream)
32. Part of me feels like I’ve already won the marriage and baby lottery so why not go for one more.
33. The car I currently drive is 10 years old.
34. It is the only car I have ever owned.
35. I am impulsive by nature. Planning is not a strong point.
36. I play fantasy football.
37. I have won the league I’ve played in twice in four tries.
38. I am a bigger baseball fan than I am a football fan.
39. I lived in New York City for six years.
40. My first job in NYC was as a receptionist for a publishing co. It paid me $19,000 a year.
41. I somehow still managed to pay my bills.
42. I like Top Ramen and Macaroni and Cheese.
43. I’m not sure I have a favorite food but if Fish & Chips is on the menu, I usually end up ordering it.
44. I collected baseball pennants as a kid.
45. I don’t collect anything now.
46. I met my wife via the internet in July 1997.
47. We met face to face in August of 1997.
48. If it wasn’t love at first sight, it was awfully close.
49. I had to convince her we were right for each other.
50. I wore her down.
51. We’ve been married five years now.
52. I tell people I’m 5′ 8″ tall.
53. I’m really 5′ 7 ¾” tall.
54. I’m right handed.
55. I broke my right wrist in 4th grade. My teacher made me write with my left hand.
56. Angela Crawford broke her wrist a short time later. She was given a typewriter. I’m still bitter.
57. I’m very competitive.
58. I broke my left wrist in high school after falling while leaning for the finish line at the end of a 200 meter race.
59. I beat the guy I was trying to outlean.
60. My hairline is receding. I can’t wait until I can clip it really short.
61. I would like to run for political office someday.
62. I am a leader by nature. I have held leadership positions in just about everything I have ever done.
63. I make really cute offspring
64. I am kind of messy and my wife is not. (Sorry Honey.)
65. I tend to think of many things at once. The problem is that because of this, I sometimes don’t finish what I’m doing before I’m on to the next thing in my head.
66. I like public speaking.
67. I like to wear baseball caps but I don’t often do so.
68. I have read each Harry Potter book immediately after its release.
69. If I could do another career completely unrelated to mine, I’d be a children’s book author.
70. I love Dr. Seuss books.
71. I have always enjoyed creating rhyming poems.
72. My favorite type of movie is the romantic comedy.
73. My favorite type of wine is a Sauvingon Blanc
74. My favorite alcoholic drink is a Margarita with chips and salsa.
75. While I’ll drink an occasional beer, I don’t really like the taste of it.
76. I love sweets. My favorite restaurants are judged on their dessert menus.
77. I have never met a donut I didn’t like.
78. The main thing that keeps me from eating a more nutritious diet is lack of will power.
79. My biggest pet peeve is people who don’t use their turn signals (or stupid drivers in general)
80. I have never been stopped by a law enforcement officer while driving.
81. Not that I haven’t deserved it.
82. I like to listen to sports radio right up until the time they start taking calls. Then I change the channel.
83. I hate hearing or seeing people do things that make them seem stupid.
84. I don’t regret many things but my biggest regret is not asking Mercedes Blair to the Junior Prom.
85. Since then, I’ve tried to never settle for second-best.
86. I always feel guilty when I spend money on something that is soley for me.
87. I always encourage Andrea to spend money on things soley for her.
88. I’ve never felt very secure when it comes to personal finances.
89. I manage an annual budget of 2.1 million dollars at work.
90. I’m easily moved. I cry while watching Hallmark commercials.
91. I had a turtle named Flash as a teenager.
92. I have a cat named Nutmeg now. I love that cat.
93. I generally don’t care what other people think of me.
94. I’ll easily act goofy if it makes a child smile.
95. I love that my job helps develop youth to become tomorrow’s leaders.
96. If you ask me for help, I’ll most likely help.
97. My best traits are my concern for others and my sense of humor.
98. It takes a lot to anger me. But don’t push me that far.
99. The two things I want on my tombstone: Great Husband, Great Father.
100. I love every second of being a father.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.