We visited the local Babies R Us today. You see, my brother and his wife Liz are expecting their first child. A boy. So, the rest of the family (Me, my wife, my mom, my grandmother and my aunt) trekked to Baby Land today to purchase all things baby.
Things I noticed while in baby land…
- Maternity clothes, just like normal clothes, vary in style. While there were some moms who were dressed in traditional oversized shirts and stretch pants, others were a bit more daring. My favorite was the woman in a pink mini-skirt, high heels, and three-quarter shirt with baby clearly exposed. She brought a new meaning to the phrase, “sexy mama.”
- There is serious money to be made on babies. $350 on a deluxe milking machine (I mean, breast pump)! $200 for a stroller! $700 for a small baby armoire (for that amount of money, the kid’s bringing it with him to college!).
- How come the most comfortable clothes you’ll ever wear are only made in baby sizes
- Most people, my brother and sister in law included, don’t register for all of the things they need. I guarantee you when it’s my turn, I’m going to have about 20 pages of registry items. Who knows, someone may be feeling generous and purchase the $200 stroller!
- Newborn babies cries are pretty cute.
- Finally, being around all the baby stuff makes you want one of your own.
Excuse, me while I go discuss this with my wife.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.