Well, I was tagged by Becky for this five odd things meme and since Becky and I go way back, I’m more than happy to announce my peculiar ways to the world even though she has done this to me before. Perhaps she just thinks I’m so odd that five more things would be a cinch. So, here it goes…
1) For me, there are only two ways to go grocery shopping. depending on what side of the store I enter, I start at the farthest aisle on the left and work my way right, or start at the farthest aisle on the right and work my way left. I serpentine each aisle regardless of whether I actually need anything from that aisle. My main goal is to not double back so I go down each aisle, just in case. I keep score in my head. My goal is to get out of there as quickly and efficiently as I can. I lose points if I have to go back for hot cocoa because I was distracted by chocolate chips across the aisle.
2) It is physically painful for me to watch someone embarrass themselves on television or hear them embarrass themselves on the radio. It is not uncommon for me to change the radio while driving if the d.j.’s are having fun with someone who sounds less than bright.
3) Along those lines, I cannot stand to watch medical surgeries or gory injuries on television. I don’t enjoy watching a scalpel cut open a chest on Grey’s Anatomy. I can’t stand to see an open wound on an episode of House. And I don’t want to see the inside of someone skull on E.R.
4) There is only one way to install a roll of toilet paper. Many people with tell you put the roll in so that the paper hangs down the back against the wall – because it looks nicer. I don’t know about you, but when I’m checking out the decor in a bathroom, I’m not looking at the T.P. When it comes to toilet paper, I want function over form. Let it hang down the front so it can be more easily accessible and tear off quicker and easier.
5) It’s odd that I have been wracking my brain to come up with a fifth odd thing about me and it’s taken me a week to decide that I only have nine odd things about me (stop laughing, mother). I gave this a lot of thought too. I thought about it in the car. I thought about it in the shower. I thought about it when I woke up in the morning. I thought about it before falling asleep. Okay, I guess that’s pretty odd after all. Never mind.
So, I have fulfilled my meme obligation – at least until Becky decides she needs her “let’s see how odd Matthew can be” fix.